All websites require a degree of security, and therefore, the security of your WordPress website is essential to the overall health of the site.
A comprehensive security plan helps keep hackers and malicious code off your website and also insures you have a good back-up of your site should something go wrong.
For those who do not wish to take care of this important task, I offer my WordPress Website Maintenance & Security Plan.
Keep reading to learn about the security aspects of this plan.
Security and maintenance go hand-in-hand.
You can’t escape this fact. A weak link in either of these areas puts your online presence and reputation at risk. The security of your WordPress website is essential to the overall health of the site.
A comprehensive security plan helps keep hackers and malicious code off your website and also insures you have a good back-up of your site should something go wrong. Whether you do it yourself, or we do it for you, I cannot stress the importance of this responsibility enough.
For those who do not wish to take care of this important task themselves, I offer a combined WordPress Website Maintenance & Security Plan.
For as long as you are signed up under the Website Maintenance & Security Plan, you will get a comprehensive security plan comprised of this two-step process:
This is the core of my Website Security Plan. Once implemented, your site will be near impregnable to most cyber hackers. I take it one step further with implementing security enhancements.
Security enhancements include, but are not limited to the following upgrades to your website:
• Create and save an initial backup of your entire website including all website files, themes, plugins, and database.
• Update WordPress core files, plugins, and themes as necessary.
• Implement advanced login security measures for all users.
• Install sophisticated firewall protection against common vulnerabilities and entire hacker networks.
• Implement enhanced database security.
• Secure vital core files which are known targets of hackers.
• Review critical file permission settings and fix those which are not at the recommended security levels.
Website Back-Ups are critical if something were to go wrongand an important part of any security plan. My plan includes:
• Daily Database Backup and Weekly Full Backup for frequent bloggers.
• Weekly Database Backup and Monthly Full Backup for non-blog websites.
• All backup files are stored on our cloud based server for safe, reliable and secure storage.*
You will have the option to also have backups emailed to you for storage on your local computer and/or keep a specified number of backups stored on your server where your website is hosted. (Recommended)
*Large websites may require extra storage space depending on backup frequency and/or number of backups saved on our servers.
This security plan is designed keep roughly 90% of hackers out of your website. But hackers and attacks are sophisticated and their tactics are changing constantly. While I go to extraordinary lengths to protect your website, no website security plan is 100% bullet proof.
In the unlikely event a hacker is successful in getting past your site defenses and causes trouble, I will assist you in getting your website cleaned and removed from blacklist(s), if flagged, for an additional fee. Contact me to discuss your situation and next steps.
*Includes Website Maintenance Components